Thursday 23 June 2011

Power Balance Bands: Authentic or Counterfeit?

The very popular Power Balance Bands have become extremely common among youth. Abundant people believe that this wrist band has altered their physical performance in a positive perspective But does this power balance really work? Or is it just a very successful marketing spam?

Hundreds of athletes use steroids to enhance their athletic performance but unfortunately this not only has a physical and psychological effect but also a huge impact to their hard-working career. Multiple companies tried to find out the perfect product which would help enhance ones physical ability without harming their physical and psychological parts. Various companies tried the concept of medicine. One product was about drinking a certain sub, they ensured that by drinking this supplement their would be an increase in ones muscle complexion. But all it was was plain old protein mixed with milk! It was started at a price for 54.99$. But if we face the truth anyone can get milk with protein why pay so much? The main reasoning behind these sales were the celebrities advertising it. This is one of the biggest keys and weapons advertisers use to attract all ages in buying their product. This particular add used extremely muscular men. The next of many concepts were belts. But this idea was also not successful as it gave various rashes on the located body parts. And so many ideas have been advertised but they miserably failed. But now there's a player in town and he's hitting big

This new player is known as Power Balance Wrist Bands. The manufacturers of these products claim that this product uses "holographic technology" to "work with your body's natural energy field." At first I believe this product was going to be ineffective, but curiosity lead me to the local mall to test this product. Surprisingly the test worked! It then lead me to buy this product. I was so excited to use this amazing product and improve my athletic performance in every aspect of sports. I noticed that whenever I wore this wrist band I was so motivated and energetic that, this act lead me to do better in my performance physically.

One day my fellow colleague  seen the band on my wrist and decided to test me. I agreed to do so, once the test was conducted and the results were gathered through his data he concluded that the wrist band I was wearing was ineffective. The test he did was extremely unique and very clever. He blindfolded me and then told me to do the same exercises that the person at the mall told me to. Simultaneously he was trying on different wrist bands on my hand. In the end he told me that my power band was the most ineffective of all the bands he tried in fact the most effective one was a regular Miami Heat band. This was very astonishing news, but later on my friend explained that all this increase my athletic performance was due to the "Placebo Effect". He explained that I thought that this band would actually help improve my game, this gave me motivation and momentum therefore I did better in my performance. It was very difficult for me to accept this news but later when I found out about the truth I notice my performance was same with or without the Power Balance Wrist Band.

I later researched about the Power Balance Band and found out that the company itself states that their product has no credible scientific claims that can support its claims. Abundant of studies were conducted and they proved the wrist band to be ineffective. Chiropractic researchers from RIMIT's School of Health Sciences conducted an experiment to test the bands and they found no difference in balance, or strength, between people using a real holographic power balance wristband and those wearing a placebo. This is only my opinion, but I believe that this product is totally Counterfeit. This is just one of those many thousands fake advertising. Hopefully the company offers a full refund if you were misled by their promotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment